Thursday, April 2, 2009

Now On to the Training

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." Robert F. Kennedy

I can only hope that when I dare to go "brakeless" down that downhill it doesn't result in MY death! But my hope runs high when I'm riding "Marty".....very stable on the descents. I"ve got the bike fitting me better and had a great ride last night at Harold Parker in Andover, MA. We rode in the area by the State Police barracks and it had been raked out and all the roots and rocks were dry....absolutely hero conditions! It was fortunate because I was willing to try to test my skill on the bike and see what both I and it can do. The front end is easy to get up and over things and that front and rear wheel stick when going over stone walls and log rolls. I'm still working on the best position to climb from.....

John and I are going on Sunday to the King of Burlingame time trial. It should be fun.....I'm looking forward to about 40 minutes of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment