Friday, April 10, 2009

Down to Business

"Some they do, and some they don't, and some you just can't tell. Some they will, and some they won't, and some it's just as well." Supertramp

Been doint some riding....go figure! I now realize that I'm going to have to put in a lot of miles to have a respectible finish in the expert catagory. On Monday I was out in Bear Brook State Park. The singletrack trails still have lots of ice and snow in places, so I took to the snowmobile trails. Wow, talk about a hard ride! The trails were like riding on the beach! To say the least, harder than my planned recovery ride. On Wednesday I went out on the road bike with my good friend Holly Carson. I don't think I rode that bike last year.....but after putting some air in the tires and dusting the cobwebs out of the spokes, it was good to go! We did 30 miles of cold windy riding. But Holly showed me a great route with plenty of hills.

Tonight after work my plan is to ride over to the hospital trails in Concord, do a short loop in there (they are relatively dry for this time of year!) and then combine with a rode ride and another short loop in the Upton Morgan Town Forest on the edge of Concord. Hope not to run out of light....

No comments:

Post a Comment