Sunday, April 5, 2009

Long Live the Queen


Sunday evening and I'm resting up after my first race as a member of the GT dirt coalition, the King of Burlingame Time Trial, held in Charlestown, RI. After all was said and done, there was a crowning of the King and Queen, and yes, last years reigning Queen still lives.....and it's NOT me! I managed a second place finish (or last, depending on how you look at it!) in Expert Women with what I thought was a respectable time of 38:04 (this by the way would have beaten the winning time from last year!) The winner however crushed me with a time of 34 minutes and some change! This was the first time I've ever done a time trial and it was fun! The course was challenging and I appreciated every inch of travel on the Marathon Pro (aka Marty)....he saved my butt a few times on course! Marty is fast and responsive and I think we are going to have a wonderful time together this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment