Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day Off

Finally....rain allows 1 day off the bike! Been riding and training hard this week, along with lots of trail work getting ready for the EFTA race in Bear Brook on May 31st. I'm in charge of putting the course together and as such I'm a bit anal about the condition of the course. I've always loved a course that's fun, challenging, but rideable...and that's what I hope to create for the Bear Brook Blast Off. We had a great showing of support at the trail maintenance day on Saturday. We had over 20 people thanks to the members of the NH Quarter Horse Association. We cleared off a large portion of the trails, and everything could go "as is" for the race, but I'm picky! I hope to ride the course with the race promoter, Kelly VonRuden, tomorrow to iron out a few details. You can keep yourself posted by visiting www.bearbrookblastoff.com for details. Hope to see lots of you at the race!

As for the local riding....new trails behind the hospital in Concord. A great section of downhill with beautifully constructed bermed turns! A few technical spots, one of which threw me over the handlebars.....AGAIN! I"m beginning to think "Marty" is throwing me off for fun, much like a horse....but alas....I'm sure it's just the rider!

No comments:

Post a Comment