Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blogging is Better

Here I sit, doing anything but make that phone call.....even writing on my blog is better than having to talk to John O'Conner, the contact person at Merrimack Valley Trail Riders. You see....each year the MVTR holds the NH Classic Charity Motocross Ride to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and each year about 500 motorcycles use trails in Bear Brook and Pawtuckaway State Parks in NH. I've been able to keep the motorcycles off the hiking trails for 2 of the past 3 years. Last year I just let them ride.....and did they hear about it. There was a big outcry from the mt. biking community about the destruction of the trails. Unfortunately, it seems as though that cry fell upon deaf ears. They are planning on using the same trails this year! I'm all for the ride, don't get me wrong. I just feel strongly that they need to stay on the snowmobile trails, trails reinforced to withstand motorized traffic, and stay off the hiking trails. And so here I sit, pondering the call, working on my blog.

On the other fronts, training and preparing the course for the Bear Brook Blast-Off is going well. The course is set and is going to be really fun for the race! Novice will do one lap, sport and expert 2 laps, the elite 3 laps. The course is at least 85% single track! If it doesn't rain, it has the possibility of being the best race of the season.

This weekend I"m planning on racing and helping out at the Coyote Hill Race. Tom Matherson and his wife Gabby run Coyote Hill Camps in Fairlee, VT. They are wonderful folk and have an absolutely wonderful program at the camp. It's been a few years since I've ridden there....looking forward to the downhill!

No comments:

Post a Comment